Saturday, June 17, 2006

:- (

I think the heat has got to me today.
The only form of air conditioning where I work is called opening a window and hoping for a breeze. There's an open air shopping centre just across the road from us and if I didn't think the hot air was causing one of those desert like hallucinations I'd swear that I could see a group of pole dancers there performing in the street.

(rubs eyes)

No, they're still there and thankfully everyone else can see them too. It seems they are trying to promote it as a healthy form of exercise (and presumably a great way to make loads of money?). Hmmm, I'm slightly sceptical. If I took it up I doubt I'd make a penny.
Not really what I expected to see when I came in to work today but I won't complain. They seem to be surrounded by groups of small boys which is a bit disturbing but certainly not surprising. At least that will stop me going over to watch- at my height I'd stand out a mile away. Plus everyone at work would wonder where I had disappeared off to of course.

The saga of my internet continues (please insert your own string of swear words- I'm sure you can work out what I'm thinking).
Rather dissapointingly the new equipment didn't solve the problem and having managed to look online elsewhere it seems I'm not the only one to be having the problem with the ISP I was using.
To cut a long story short I gave them a call last night to cancel my account and I'll sign up with someone else at some point this weekend.

Which should make korova happy as I was with his mortal enemy, the planet devouring Tesco. It seems even they can't control the internet. Bastards.

5 Comments:

Blogger AlieMalie said...

Tesco = WalMart, eh?

I hate WalMart and Tesco hasn't quite made it the where I live yet. But I must admit it saved my ass multiple times while in Prague.

Neath, I caught a couple more bee-worms this morning so bee careful, I'm not sure they're all gone.

:)
AM

7:27 pm  
Blogger Vanda said...

Nah I still like his idea of posing as the pole itself. Rhub and I could sit back and watch as the leotard lady knocks herself out!

7:59 pm  
Blogger korova said...

I told you!!! Tesco is evil!! I still think you have had problems because you link to my site and my site links to Tescopoly....no that is far too unlikely...or is it???

Of course, I take no satisfaction in being right...well, maybe a tiny bit!!

11:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two small boys, one with a very long nose...

11:02 pm  
Blogger The Neath said...

Rhub- I'll get my long coat.

Aliemalie- Be warned; Tesco comes to us all in the end. It's like death and taxes.

Avenger- I might not want an audience!

Korova- You're right- I should blame you! Poor misunderstood Tesco...

Xulub- You filthy, filthy child.

1:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home