Thursday, June 01, 2006

Lost Episodes

We got G's x- ray results back- no broken bones, just a very bruised finger. I think her thumb will soon be in a worse condition as I can hear her sucking away at it in her sleep at the moment.

This week I also discovered that sex really does sell when, after using the word 'Sex' in the title to a post a couple of days ago I suddenly doubled the number of visitors to my site. When I checked my stats I saw that this sudden surge lasted for a few days but does seem to be tailing off now. I'll have to remember to do that more often.
I've also managed to get a bit of my own writing done recently, in between changing nappies and preparing staff appraisals for work. Hooray!

The other night Spider and I watched the latest episode of Lost here in the UK. It was the one called 'The Other 48 Days' and focused on the struggles of the survivors from the tail section of the plane. I think it also gave a few very large hints as to what is going on.

When Ana- Lucia confronts Goodwin about the fact she has worked out he must be one of 'The Others' he lets slip some important bits of information. They talk about the list of names they found on the body of one of the 'Others' and how the people named on the list were the ones kidnapped. They also discuss why a character killed earlier, called Nathan, wasn't on that list. Goodwin says it was because he was "not a good person," going as far as saying that all of those taken were taken because they were "good people." He also says that the children are fine and "better off" where they have gone to.
Now think back to the end of the first season where the boat appeared with the crew of 'Others' who kidnapped Walt. If you recall the captain of that boat, the one with the bushy beard, suddenly everything starts to fall in to place.
Santa and his elves have gone nuts.
Think about it. They have lists of who is naughty or nice and are led by a jolly beardy chap. It's the only logical explanation left.
"You better watch out" indeed.


Current song: Up All Night (Frankie Miller Goes To Hollywood)- Counting Crows
Current mood: Appropriately tired

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bollocks. It's Captain Birdseye.
Needs a trustworthy crew and has a preference (in the employer sense) for children. Also loves desert islands.
I rest my case.

2:30 pm  
Blogger wes said...

You guys in the UK are way behind us in North America, I could barely even remember that episode. And believe me, it all gets even better from that point, if you can imagine that. :)

1:12 am  
Blogger The Neath said...

Hi Xulub- Funny you should say that as there's been an ongoing conversation where I work as to whether Father Christmas & Cap'n Birdseye are one & the same.
I vaguely remember it started because our costume got pinched at Christmas just before we had to put on a Santa visit during a childrens story time & we were looking for a viable alternative. Sadly nobody took my suggestion seriously. :-(

Wes, what can I say! It's so annoying knowing that the current series of Lost has finished & we have to wait to find out what you already know. I want to see what happens NOW. It's such a great, weird series I'd happily spend a whole day watching it just to catch up.

9:54 pm  
Blogger The Neath said...

Nigs- They were down the back of the sofa with 23 pence & a couple of cheesy stale Quavers.

9:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home