Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Pressure!

I popped on to my blog today to find my readers (okay, just Aliemalie) were getting restless and demanding a new post from me. Here were the two most recent comments:

"AlieMalie said...
you need a new post.

Xulub said...
He does, doesn't he. But he's a busy man. I'll send him a photo. "

It’s nice to be in demand. I’ve never had a groupie before, but enough about Xulub and back to Aliemalie. Hello! I don’t know what you’re complaining about when you’ve had those road signs to look at for all this time. They’re great.
:)

The reason I haven’t posted for a bit is because I got all my stuff through for my new internet connection and… guess what? That’s right, I still can’t get online!

NnnnnooooooooooooOOOOOOOO!!!

I’m beginning to think that some things are just not meant to be. I was a bit fed up with going on my blog to complain about my lack of access- if it was boring me I figured it would be boring everyone else and I just wasn’t getting the time to do a decent post. I’ve had all these topics for posts crop up and then not had the chance to do them so the moment has passed. Stories of the outlaws, time traveling blind dates and even amusingly shaped birthday cakes. Classics one and all. Very frustrating to the point of giving up my blog for dead but I’m still kind of hanging in there and trying to leave comments on other blogs whenever I can. I am trying to get my connection sorted and that is the last I’ll talk about it until I either get back online again or I get so pissed with it once more that I end up needing to have a rant.
Xulub is also right of course. I am a very busy man: Nappies to change, bees to smite, clowns to smack and so on. Thanks for the picture, I’ll try and get it put up on here.

In the meantime here is a quiz type thing I’ve taken from Wes’ site over at ‘Smash the Machine’. Well, not taken exactly. I mean if you go and look for it it’s still there, I’ve just copied it to put my own answers in. Here goes:


What do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night? Mini Cheddars. Cheese is good to eat before sleeping, right?

What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie? 'Transformers: The Movie'. It’s a beautiful thing.

What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moments? Touching my glasses. Which can be embarrassing because it has become such a habit that sometimes I’ll go to do it then suddenly realise I’m not actually wearing my glasses. I end up stood there with this hand paused in mid air thinking: If I put my hand down now will anyone notice or do I just carry on and pretend I need to scratch my cheek or something…? Of course, by the time I’ve thought through all of that it’s way too late.

Do you know anyone famous? I used to work with the lead singer and the drummer of a band called ‘Johnny Panic’. Amazing band to see live. Unfortunately parenthood has made it difficult to get out and see them for quite some time.

Do you know how to play poker? Vaguely. I haven’t played it for a while.

What do you miss most about being a kid? Actually having a legitimate excuse to buy toys and comics.

Are you happy with your given name? Yes.

How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year? About £10,000. Or I could just sign up with Tesco. Boy, did I take the wrong option.

What color is your bedroom? White. Not a very exciting answer, I know.

What was the last song you were listening to? ‘Downfall’ by Matchbox Twenty.

Do you talk a lot? No.

Which musical instrument do you wish you could play? Hammond B3 Organ

How do you eat an apple? Is this a trick question? Orally. The alternative doesn’t bear thinking about.

Do you have tattoos? No. Yuck.

Do you drive a stick? No, I have a car. You can still get burnt for being a witch in England.

What's one trait you dislike in a person? Arrogance.

What kind of watch do you wear? Casio.

Do you consider yourself materialistic? Yes. I’m a spiritualistic materialist.

What do you cook the best? Roast potato’s.

Favorite writing instrument? Pencil. And paper.

What kind of books do you like to read? Fantasy, historical, non- fiction. I’m easy.

If you won the lottery, what would you do? Pay off debts. Build an army.

Burial or cremation? Viking longboat.

How many online journals do you read regularly? Back in the day when I had internet access, roughly five.

What's one thing you're a loser at? Dealing with other people. I seem to be a lot less patient these days.

If you don't like a person, how do you show it? A horse's head in their bed. Actually I just do my utmost to avoid them.

Do you cry in front of your friends? No.

When's the last time you cried? Not sure, I haven’t watched ‘Transformers’ for a while.

Favorite type of music? Grunge, indie, acoustic.

What are your kids names? Still not decided on one of them! Don’t pressure me!

Do you watch a lot of television? There are certain shows that I always try to catch, like ‘Lost’ and ‘Scrubs’ at the moment. Otherwise there’s generally bugger all on but I do have a large dvd collection to fall back on.

Do you like to shop? Forbidden Planet anyone?

What is your hidden talent? It’s so well hidden that I’ll let you know as soon as I find it myself. Maybe I negatively affect internet connections. That’ll never get me in the X-Men.

Would you die to save the life of someone you deeply love? Yes.

How long have you known your best friend(s)? Years. Lets not dwell on it, I’ll only feel old.

Is he/she married? No. None of them.

Do you own a Bible? No.

Do you play chess? Occasionally. Badly. I enjoy playing it but rarely win.

Do you like the rain? Yes.

Do you like thunderstorms? Yes.

Do you believe in God? Which one?
-
8 Favorites.
-
Favorite Color: Red. Black’s good too.

Favorite Food: Yorkshire pudding.

Favorite Song: Currently ‘Alert Status Red’ by Matthew Good.

Favorite Movie: Mallrats. Donnie Darko.

Favorite Sport: Curling.

Favorite Season: Autumn

Favorite Day Of the Week: Friday.

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: When I was little it was Mint Choc Chip. At the moment it’s Strawberry.
-
9 Currents
-
Current Mood: Grumpy.

Current Taste: Defeat (see all references to internet troubles).

Current Clothes: Black Jeans, grey t-shirt, odd socks.

Current Desktop: Some kind of blue hyperspace looking thing.

Current Toenail Color: As standard.

Current Time: 22:39 pm

Current Surroundings: My front room. Bookcases currently sagging under the weight of hundreds of books.

Current Annoyance(s): The ongoing bloody saga of my internet connection troubles. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Current Thought: Must. Kill. Tesco.
-
5 Firsts
-
First Best Friend: Michael.

First Pet: Billy, a cat.

First Piercing: A paper cut. None for ornamentation I’m afraid.

First Crush: Smurfette. Really. I have this thing for blue women.

First Music: The Muppet Show soundtrack.
-
5 Lasts
-
Last Cigarette: Still not had my first one.

Last Car Ride: About four and a half hours ago, driving home from work.

Last Movie Seen: 'Flightplan'. Brilliant twist. For once Sean Bean is not the villian and he survives the whole film. I did not see that one coming. Apparently that’s also true of ‘Silent Hill’ but I’m avoiding that because I’m squeamish.

Last Phone Call: Spider.

Last CD Played: Stone Temple Pilots- ‘Shangri- La Dee Da’.
-
4 Things You've Done Today
-
1. Went to work.
2. Changed some nappies.
3. Prepared this post to put on my blog tomorrow.
4. Got really pissed off when I found out Tesco were still charging me for internet use in spite of canceling my subscription with them twice now.
-
3 Things You Can Hear Right Now
-
1. Three other people in the same room as me talking about the ‘outlaws’, Pratchett books, music. I can’t keep up so I’m typing.
2. The television is currently showing ‘Lost’ so I can hear the characters talking and the sound of the waves on the beach in the background.
3. Me typing.
-
5 Things You Can't Live Without
-
1. Family.
2. MP3 player.
3. Water.
4. Air.
5. Food.
-
2 Things You Do When You're Bored
-
1. Watch a dvd or play on the xbox. It used to be that I’d go on the internet but not at the moment…
2. Listen to music.

12 Comments:

Blogger nigs the ninja said...

i think the neath man has not got a lot to do at work as this blog has got massive .....and he has no net at home nudge nudge wink wink say no more gov !!!!!!!!!!!

5:22 pm  
Blogger The Neath said...

Oi! Cheeky! I'm actually day off today because I've got to work this Saturday as well. I've had to pop over to my parents to get online.
I'm running out of ideas to get back online. Change the subject, quick- you're depressing me!

5:47 pm  
Blogger korova said...

congratulations neath, thought we had lost you through some inter-galactic time hole. Or attacked by badgers, or terrorist bees sent to destroy western civilization. Turns out you have just been contemplating what your favourite colour is!!!

6:24 pm  
Blogger The Neath said...

These things are important, Korova.

1:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:46 am  
Blogger korova said...

you're nice too Mr Debt Collector. Keep impoverishing the workers ;-)

1:46 pm  
Blogger wes said...

omg, I love the Transformers, I also own the movie. Did you know they are coming out with a new Transformers movie? I think it is supposed to be live-action.

I laughed so hard at the building the army comment, that's a brilliant idea. Lost and Scrubs are the best shows on tv, and Mallrats is good, but I prefer Clerks.

And I thought Flightplan was the worest movie I have ever seen. :)

4:01 am  
Blogger wes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:01 am  
Blogger wes said...

ha ha, sorry my comment published twice, so I deleted the second one, anyways.... :)

4:02 am  
Blogger The Neath said...

Hi Wes- yes, I've heard about the live action Transformers movie, although the fact Michael Bay is directing fills me with dread. I've got too many fond memories from my childhood of those things so I could be easily disappointed with this film no matter how impressive it looks. I still enjoy watching the animated film even now. I can remember going to see it twice at the cinema.

Clerks is a great film and I'm looking forward to seeing the sequel, although I will be very surprised if any cinemas near me show it. I might have to wait for the dvd.

As for Flightplan I could almost agree with you if it weren't for Titanic. Three hours to see the bloated corpse of Leoonardo DiCrapio sink to the depths just wasn't worth the effort.
:)

9:59 am  
Blogger wes said...

lol, I actually liked Titanic a lot more than Flightplan. I have seen it a couple times in the past year, and I actually don't mind it. I've seen a lot worse, Legally Blonde 2 and Out Of Season, just to name 2 off the top of my head. :)

And I also want to see Clerks 2, it looks awesome. :)

7:39 am  
Blogger The Neath said...

Ha, ha! Yes, I haven't seen Legally Blonde 2 (the first one was bad enough. I'd actually managed to blot it out of my memory until you reminded me about it now) but I admire the fact that you were able to see it without slipping in to a permanent coma.
:)
Can't wait to see Clerks 2 and Jay and Silent Bob back in action.

12:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home