Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Weekend

Yesterday was an awsome day at work because absolutely nothing went wrong!

Through sheer luck I ended up with enough staff to keep the whole building open and nobody called in sick so all of the branches stayed open as well.
I did start to get a bit cocky at one point, declaring that nothing had gone wrong before the day was over. This did scare some of the staff who were worried I would jinx it but then (cue evil laughter) it's important to keep them on their toes. I did make sure I touched wood after saying it as well. You can never be overly cocky when you're as superstitious as me.

Of course it never would have gone as smoothly as it did without the team of people I had working with me on Friday, so a huge 'Thank You' to all of them. I'm really going to miss them when I move up the road in just over a weeks time.

For now though it's the weekend so I'm off to do some colouring in with my daughter before she starts on the walls.

6 Comments:

Blogger korova said...

I do hope that is the one and only occassion you have 'touched wood' at work!!??

4:53 pm  
Blogger nigs the ninja said...

after you left the building burnt down !!! so no more wood

7:16 pm  
Blogger AlieMalie said...

dude, it's color.

*smirk*
AM

11:32 pm  
Blogger Minerva said...

Hi Mate

good to hear that you had a good day at work, now I am waiting for the day that my staff don't bitch, work well and come in on time to, You have given me hope friend. PS I'll save you and Rhub some cake it is very tasty and chocolatly

8:26 pm  
Blogger AlieMalie said...

i'll have you know, Neath, that it took a lot of effort on my part to write out colour without the u there.

i hate the way the damn americans have bastardised the English language but removing U's and replacing S's with Z's. drives me bananas.

was just trying to be obnoxious. did i succeed? hmm hmm hmm?

:)
AM

11:50 pm  
Blogger The Neath said...

Hi Aliemalie, don't you mean 'obnoxios?'
: D

I don't know why it bugs me so much. I'm the same as you with the whole 'S' & 'Z' thing, as well as 'Z' being pronounced as 'Zee.'

Where do you stand on the whole 'aluminium/aluminum' argument? I think aluminum is such an ugly word.

9:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home