Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hello Karma

So it's a trade off you want is it?

With the possibility of Matt Good playing some venues in England looking slightly more likely now he is hunting for places to live over here I was beginning to wonder if this was too good to be true.
Now it seems that this news has to be tempered with the fact that I am completely broke at the moment. The reason I mention this is because 3, that's THREE, of my favourite authors are doing a signing session in London within days of each other and I can't afford to go.
Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett and Alan Moore. I've been to see Gaiman the past 3 years when he has come to London and I've been to see Pratchett once, many years ago now, but for Alan Moore to do a signing is a huge rarity. To make things worse Moore is being interviewed by Stewart Lee before the signing- one of my favourite comedians.
So if you are fortunate enough to be going to any of the above, think of me having to stay in and read my *sob* unsigned books ...and please bare in mind that it is my birthday soon (Oh come on, it's worth a try).

Karma- If you are listening- I better get a Matt Good gig out of this.

8 Comments:

Blogger wes said...

If you get to go to a Matt Good concert, I am going to be so upset. :p I will never comment again. :p

1:15 am  
Blogger AlieMalie said...

aww, poow, poow Wessie ...

:)
AM

2:12 am  
Blogger The Neath said...

Don't sulk now Wes. You've seen him already. It's time to share.
:)
You can't have him back though!
-
Don't encourage him Aliemalie. Before you know it he'll be sneaking over to England and buying all the Matt Good tickets in a desperate bid to stop anyone else from seeing him. You better check your bag before you set out on your trip:
'Wes on a plane' starring Aliemalie L Jackson.
-
Damn you Rhub.
:P
You'll buy us a book though, right?

9:15 pm  
Blogger Vanda said...

Listen rhub, leave Neath alone. He has bigger and better things in his life now that he has to attend to. From what I hear, you're going to the Gaiman and Pratchett signings with one of the biggest freaks out there. I wouldn't be Hallelujahing too loudly if I were you!

9:16 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Alan Moore's doing a signing?! You must go! Hock the baby or something!

12:08 am  
Blogger wes said...

I won't need to buy all the tickets, I will simply ask him not to play any concerts in England. We Canadians know all of the other Canadians. :p

As for you Aliemalie, I think I am going to have to keep my eye on you. :)

1:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The biggest freak in the world??!!!
Watch out for the big bag of drugs.
I have a sledgehammer and a dubious medical qualification if not.

11:26 pm  
Blogger Spider said...

To all those advocates of baby hocking to see Alan Moore have you ever seen how vicious his other half is, (and fat 2)

7:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home