Sunday, September 03, 2006

Mummy Do Cheese!

After a looooong week at work (in spite of a Bank Holiday) I've just had a nice relaxing weekend doing very little.

On Thursday after I got home from work, I walked through the door to find GF in her highchair. As soon as she saw me she started pointing at her mum and shouting "Mummy do cheese!" at the top of her voice. Neither of us had a clue what she was on about other than the fact that mummy had apparently been doing cheese, but she kept insisting and wouldn't settle down until I had given MC a telling off and told her not to do cheese anymore. Nobody had had any cheese to eat that day so we were pretty much in the dark.

Naturally this became a running joke for the last couple of days. If MC was up to anything and someone turned to GF and said "What's mummy doing?" they would be greeted by a chorus of "Mummy do cheese!"

Finally today we actually found out what she meant.

MC was getting dressed. As she put some deodorant on GF pointed and shouted "Cheese!" as she tried to immitate the noise the can of deodorant was making.
MC remembered that she had put some on just before I had got in the other day and the mystery of the cheese was finally solved. I think it may last a while longer as a catchphrase though.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

hello. just saw your comment on Matt Good's site and thought I'd say hello to a fellow MGB fan.... hello :)

Jonny

www.hello-time-bomb.blogspot.com

10:31 pm  
Blogger The Neath said...

Hello back! Thanks for stopping by.
By the way- good blog name.
:)

11:27 pm  
Blogger korova said...

Aaah, that brings back memories of lazy days spent relaxing with cheese behind the bushes in a small park. Ah yes, I did cheese once as well....it was an experience I will never forget!!

11:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see we have a new t-shirt design

5:14 pm  
Blogger The Neath said...

Korova- And I thought you were in Spain for the next two weeks. Admit it. You're in cheese rehab aren't you.

Xulub- Another one for the list!

10:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now do we call him 'the cheese guy' and he never gets to live it down, no matter what other work he does. Call security!

9:28 am  
Blogger The Neath said...

Call the Cheese Bureau!

12:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home