Saturday, April 29, 2006

Wine

The advantage of having a girlfriend who can't drink alcohol at the moment is that I get all the nice alcoholic drinks to myself. If you've read some of my older posts you will know that I'm not much of a one for drinking. I tend to avoid beers and lagers because I just can't stand the taste. I mean, what is the appeal of lager? Who in their right mind would want a hedgehog to wee in their mouth? No one. So why pay for a glass of it?
I can't stand wine either. Generally tastes awful, people get all pompous about it and it always goes straight to my head. Give me spirits any day. Except when I'm the designated driver of course. However I do make an exception for some wines. It was my mums birthday last Sunday so we went to a place called The Ringlestone for a meal. They do the most weird and wonderful wines there that actually taste like I always imagined wine must taste like when I was a child. Strawberry, Raspberry, Elderflower, even Parsnip (although even I haven't dared try that one yet). My favourite has to be Golden Plum which I tend to get a bottle to take home if I'm driving (The Ringlestone is in the middle of nowhere) so that's what I've enjoyed finishing tonight.
I should warn you though that walking out of the restuarant clutching two bottles of my favourite wine and shouting "Behold! My Golden Plums!" is never as funny to everyone else as it is in my head.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is to me!!!!
Actually funnier cos you KNOW i'd do it.

(Parsnip? Really? I like those Parsnip and Beetroot crisps but you can't find them anywhere except little pubs.)

1:21 pm  
Blogger korova said...

parsnip wine and a bisto gravy chaser??? Only if accompanied by a Christmas Dinner Pot Noodle. Otherwise, what's the point?? It's like fish without chips, cheese without pickle, ducks without tyre marks...........

9:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swan without a head...

10:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FLUPOCALYPSE! I win!

10:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, the rest of you weren't playing... Sorry.
(I still win)

10:14 pm  
Blogger Scrumplet said...

I think "Behold! My Golden Plums!" can never, ever be unfunny. Especially after a glass or two.

And: Hey! What do you mean "middle of nowhere"?!??

That's walking distance from my house!

I mean, not in the sense of down the hill, but still not a *long* walk!

Oh. Wait. I forgot. I *do* live where directions include "down the hill."

I'll shut up now.

4:52 pm  
Blogger Scrumplet said...

Evil Lord says "there are! You think Tara's a cat?"

As for the Draggones, that's because they're actual signposts--turn right on the third sheep, past the second Norwegian dragon and *then* turn left...

For what it's worth, I'm jealous of this house too. There's no bloody way that Evil Lord and I will ever be able to afford a place like this in our mortal lives. But then again, we won't have to give dragon breath forecasts for all those who dare come visit. :)

8:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, ooh.. Tescos do a mixed bag of vegetable crisps (non-potato) I discovered.

6:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home