Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tired/Tyres

Not much to blog about at the moment as I'm sure you don't want to hear about the lack of sleep we are all currently suffering from or the conveyor belt of nappies. Oh god, the nappies.

...

Funnily enough (well, I say 'funnily' but you know what I mean) just as I typed that last bit I had to pause to change yet another nappy. Obviously I need to be carefull what I say/type at the moment. A day or two ago I happened to mention to MC that not being at work for the last three weeks was going to save me just under £100 in petrol costs. Today I go and get a puncture which costs me £92.50 for a new tyre. And yet strangely there is still no sign of Alyson Hannigan.
We had just parked in the street outside my parents house and as we got out of the car I can hear this really loud hissing noise. Assuming that I hadn't just run over an incredibly large snake I ended up having to drive to a nearby tyre centre to get a replacement, with one moment of panic when a dustcart pulled out in front my car and started crawling up the road. Luckily it soon went off in the opposite direction to me and I got the car to the garage before any wheels dropped off.

4 Comments:

Blogger korova said...

That's one hell of an expensive tyre!!! Is it plated with gold???

Aaaahh nappies!! Something for me to look forward to. One day. Not yet though. Just in case you think we are planning a baby soon. Still, at least I will have plenty of experience of dressing up by the time our time comes. And I'll have some valuable badger experience to pass on!!

11:27 pm  
Blogger The Neath said...

Nope. It's not even a magical wishing tyre. Unfortunately I had to have the whole tyre replaced. There was too much damage to just change the inner tube or part of the tyre. The weird thing is we never even felt the tyre go.

I shall keep an eye out for any badger related baby toys for when your turn comes.
: )

11:42 pm  
Blogger AlieMalie said...

what is a dustcart?

3:44 am  
Blogger The Neath said...

A garbage truck.
Don't ask me why we call them dustcarts though. They're not really carts and they don't collect dust. I guess the 'dust' part comes from 'dustbin,' but then dustbins are for rubbish, not dust...
My head hurts.
I may have to concede that the Americans have this one right.
: )

9:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home