Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hello Cthulhu

The midwife came over today to tell us that if MC does need to be induced, they won't be able to get her in to the hospital until Tuesday. MC is obviously hoping he will arrive before that but on the bright side at least the outlaws aren't down until next weekend now.

I was browsing some other blogs when I found Hageltoast's excellent site (well, there were some Neil Gaiman books listed in the sidebar so I'm being biased). However what was even better was the link she had to the twisted genius of the 'Hello Cthulhu' website. It's well worth a look, especially if you have read HP Lovecraft. I particularly reccomend this cartoon, but you should work your way through them because they are very funny. How long they can continue running a site that has a bunny offering the elder god cthulhu cookies as its running gag remains to be seen but then again how can giving cookies to cthulhu ever get old?
I'll have to take a photo of the stuffed cthulhu that sits in our hallway. I had hoped he would scare people away but for an elder god he is suspiciously cute. I'm beginning to question his authenticity.

For those of you who prefer to take your Lovecraft a little more seriously then you should check out The HP Lovecraft Historical Society Sanitest where you can find out just how insane you actually are. Apparently I'm psychasthenic which is an improvement on my result when I originally did this about 5 years ago. I vaguely remember it telling me I had distemper.

Here is what it had to say:
INSANITY INDEX 5.76- Thank you for taking the SaniTest(TM). Your score suggests that you are psychasthenic. A very interesting condition, it means you lack the capacity to resolve uncertainties, or resist phobias or compulsions even though you know they're irrational. You may have trouble making decisions, or you may find yourself engaging in self-sabotaging behavior. Others who scored at this level include millionaire Howard Hughes and occultist/heretic Giordano Bruno.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hageltoast said...

yay, thanks for the plug, now where do i send the cheque? ;)

10:32 am  
Blogger The Neath said...

You're welcome.
I'll have my people contact your people.
: )

9:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool.
I remember the distemper episode.

You don't want me contacting your people. I hope I won't be recieving one of those self-destructing tapes in the post again, N.

7:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home