Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Here we all are on Sunday having survived a whole week with MC's parents.
To be honest we were really lucky this time and had a good week with them. Sure they broke the lock on the front door but that's actually more of a tradition now. If they came down and were able to actually work our door handle it just wouldn't feel right. Although MC's mum was as loud as ever, luckily she didn't wake GF in the evenings. The best thing was that they took GF out for a couple of day trips and didn't do nearly as much drinking with their cronies.
In fact the worst thing they did was when we got home to find they had attached this monstrosity to our balcony:


*shudder* Yuck.
GF seems to like it though.
All in all a good week. I even managed to lie in until 9 o' clock Saturday morning. I can't remember the last time I've been able to do that.

I did discover too late this week that a couple of months ago Matthew Good played a gig in London (Wes, I'm banning you from leaving a comment on this post!), possibly with Our Lady Peace.
That would have been incredible to see; two acts I really like that hardly ever come over here. I'm going to have to start paying more attention to what the bands I like are doing. How on earth did that get past me? I must be slipping.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GF probably thinks it's razor sharp and is rubbing her little hands in glee and waiting for pigeons!

Don't complain too loud. I see bands then they split up. Is that what you want? Is it? IS IT?

6:17 pm  
Blogger wes said...

Well now I have to comment because I have been told not too. :)

I didn't know about that concert either, I don't remember it being mentioned on his website, although, there wasn't a lot of content on his website a few months ago, so its possible that it wasn't mentioned at all on his site. Too bad you missed it though, it was probably an acoustic show, which was awesome. (sorry, I can't help it, it was that good of a concert, I will understand if you delete this. :p)

4:50 am  
Blogger AlieMalie said...

dude, those pinwheels are awesome! totally ART.

it sucks that you missed SUCH AN AWESOME CONCERT TOO. matthew good AND our lady peace? sheesh.

*twists knife further*

:)
AM

8:10 am  
Blogger The Neath said...

Xulub- this is a talent you should cultivate. Go and see Westlife. A few hours pain for a lifetimes satisfaction.
Or Ronan Keating. I'd like to see him split up.
:D

Wes & Aliemalie- It's nice to know that when I'm feeling down I can always rely on my friends... even if it's just to rub salt in my wounds!
:)

10:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home