Friday, November 10, 2006

Tower of Infamy

The tower at work where we keep all of the secret books unsuitable for public consumption is now bloody freezing. It doesn't matter how cold it is outside, inside the tower it will be colder. Much, much colder, getting worse the higher up you go. I still can't understand how anyone could have had an affair in there.

I accidently discovered one way of dealing with the cold yesterday when the maintenance guy turned up to service the lift. Five minutes after he arrived a customer came up wanting a book that happened to be on the tenth floor.


10 Floors!

I just kept telling myself as I went up the stairs that at least it wasn't floor 11.


Above: Early attempts at a book tower weren't always
a success


And even though I had warmed up by the time I got up there I couldn't help but admire anyone who had done this all those years before me and still managed to have sex. A heart attack is a hard thing to ignore.

3 Comments:

Blogger nigs the ninja said...

instead of going up the stairs Neath how about absailing down after climbing up the out side like spidey,hey slower but sooooo much more fun ....cu up there on wed/thur got my web suit so race you

7:59 am  
Blogger Vanda said...

I would just send D***d up. I mean you are his boss, ALLOCATE!

8:52 pm  
Blogger AlieMalie said...

hehe.

3:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home