Sunday, March 05, 2006

Filthy Beast

I'm slightly worried about my mate.
Recently I came upon a picture of a statue based on the Beast character from the upcoming X-Men 3 film. No problems there you might think but this is probably one of the most psychologicaly disturbing figures you could ever hope (not) to see.
Basicly he's standing there, completely naked in all his blue furred glory. What sort of a sick mind would come up with something like that? If I tell you that he's holding a book and wearing a tiny pair of spectacles you get an idea of the level of detail that has gone in to this model. Although why they would think to give him a pair of glasses and not a pair of, I don't know, PANTS is beyond me.
Naturally I was traumatised so, unable to suffer alone, I emailed the link to a few of my friends (not all of them, just the ones I thought might forgive me afterwards).
Now I got a few interesting replies from this as I'm sure you can imagine, but one of my friends after expressing his initial shock and disgust said, 'Expect to see it go down 100 quid in price very soon.'
Fast forward a week and I'm looking on the same site to see if they have anything interesting going in their sale. You guessed it. There it is; the filthy Beast. £100 off. £100 exactly.
My friend knows more about the marketing of naked hairy people than is necessarily good for him.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I see this? It can't be that bad can it?

5:59 pm  
Blogger korova said...

Is it an ironic comment on the state of the Tory party??!!! Teehee, just kidding! I think he must be slightly disturbed. But then, is it really a 'friend'!!??

10:46 pm  
Blogger The Neath said...

Yes, Korova definately a friend of mine, I'll have you know I'm no hairy man pimp. Not since that unfortunate misunderstanding in the Turkish bath.
Speaking of 'disturbed' though; Beastmaster, you sick, sick puppy. Does your mum know what you're looking up on the net?
Oh well, since you asked go to http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=26776
Those of you of a nervous disposition look away now.

8:29 pm  
Blogger The Neath said...

It's official. You heard it here first. There will be another £100 off, just try and resist the temptation to buy that little bit longer. Trust me, this guy knows!

10:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do recall my propensity towards random acts of violence, don't you?
(+ short help, which is better than no help at all. And SHE has more than a propensity. Call it a lifestyle)

12:58 pm  
Blogger The Neath said...

I'll make it up to you by getting you a... how about an x-man figure? I know where you can get some cheap.

8:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go on then. I'll club you to death with the extra furry end.

10:13 pm  
Blogger The Neath said...

I thought we could get a job lot, paint them in black and white, then market them as Badger Army Action Figures.

9:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K'ching! It would be a surefire hit! But I insist on the addition of underpants. As do the gnomes. And Genghis.

9:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home